Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community

Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to post in our community. Don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Apply to join BRH!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bar Room Confessions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Pezz

Pezz
  • Admin
  • 322 posts
Is something eating you up? Feel like you just need to get something off your chest? Post it here! Let's keep any douche-baggery in other threads. This is a 'safe' thread. I'll start.

I've been playing a lot more video games lately, mostly Skyrim and TF2, because it's a way to escape from my thoughts. I don't want to think about the girl who I have no chance with, so I spend ~4hours/day running away from those thoughts.

You can't tell anybody about what we do or else you'll get in trouble - Phantisma to some kid

OFFLINE   pink.taco

pink.taco
  • Admin
  • 3831 posts

User's Awards

I don't want to think about the girl who I have no chance with, so I spend ~4hours/day running away from those thoughts.

I would like to confess and possibly help you in the future. The whole 4hours/day gaming running from those thoughts will most definitely not help you in future relationship endeavors. How do you know you have no chance with this girl? Have you ever talked to her? Do you know if you two have the same interests? I hate that some guys mostly the nice ones automatically think they'll never have a chance in hell with a girl they find intriguing. It depends greatly on the age and maturity of the girls, but there are some out there that don't force the nice guys into the "friend" zone.

My confession:
Been extremely stressed with college lately and I'm having issues with trying to control that stress. I've been trying meditation through Deepak Chopra on the xbox, but was wondering, any suggestions? Tried exercising but makes my chronic fatigue worse.

"Don't punch rich people, they got more money than you do." -Beersenior
"I have a pie chart to prove it." -Laios
"Tea clam jam that man!" -Beerman

"I've got hag lacks tonight." - Greeny

OFFLINE   Drunk Nerds

Drunk Nerds
  • Admin
  • 3636 posts

User's Awards

You should only go for chicks with whom you think you have zero chance. Speaking as a guy who married way out of his league: The way to get a girl you have no chance with is to figure out what you do best, then do it in front of her.
I was always good at being an energetic, funny leader. So I'd invite the chick I wanted to an event I was chairing or something. I say this now like I meant to do it, but really I'm just looking back and realizing that that worked close to 50% of the time, all the time.

I confess I find pezz's gif fascinating. I stare at the crotch bulge and wonder if it grows larger or if it stays the same size, and if so, how.

Taco I manage stress with exercise, and it works really well considering literally every part of my life is stressing me out, right now. Does it matter if you're doing cardio vs strength? Because both are good for stress.

NLSP5d8.gifZI94lAQ.gif

OFFLINE   pink.taco

pink.taco
  • Admin
  • 3831 posts

User's Awards

Speaking as a guy who married way out of his league: The way to get a girl you have no chance with is to figure out what you do best, then do it in front of her.
I was always good at being an energetic, funny leader. So I'd invite the chick I wanted to an event I was chairing or something. I say this now like I meant to do it, but really I'm just looking back and realizing that that worked close to 50% of the time, all the time.

I confess I find pezz's gif fascinating. I stare at the crotch bulge and wonder if it grows larger or if it stays the same size, and if so, how.

Taco I manage stress with exercise. Does it matter if you're doing cardio vs strength? Because both are good for stress.

I would probably do strength over cardio because cardio wears me out way too fast, plus I'm underweight as it is. I can gain muscle rather easily so that's always an option, I'd just have to take it easy.

"Don't punch rich people, they got more money than you do." -Beersenior
"I have a pie chart to prove it." -Laios
"Tea clam jam that man!" -Beerman

"I've got hag lacks tonight." - Greeny

OFFLINE   The Manjaro

The Manjaro
  • 307 posts
I have a confession and an event that I need to get off.

I think Lyra is one of the most beautiful names I've ever heard. Some years down the road, I want a daughter so I can name her Lyra.

As for the event, this week has been 3 straight days of TAKS testing. TAKS being the standardized test in Texas. During the second day, after everyone was done and all of the tests were taken up. Some of the students around me were looking through my sketchbook to pass the time. One of my sketches was of Fluttershy hitting a bong that was like 3 quarters her size. When this one came up, a bunch of the students started giggling. The proctor, my physics teacher, who is one of my favorite teachers of all time, second only to my animation teacher, calls me up with my sketchbook. I close it and bring it up.

He took it, dangled it over the trash can, and dropped it in.

I was so jarred I don't even remember if he told me to go sit down, I just did. I was sitting in my desk absolutely seething. A few minutes later, he gave it back to me. All I could do was just look at it. I actually started to cry... My sketchbook is a part of me. Everything in there is a child of my mind. To watch a part of me just get dropped in a trash can by one of my favorite teachers was horrible. I'm not even too mad at my teacher, I don't think he even realizes he crossed a line. I'm actually going to demand an apology from him tomorrow.

One thing I'm really grateful for though is that a bunch of students were defending me. After all of the testers were released, the group of us directly involved all went to go make statements in the AP's office and I heard that at least 10 of them came after to also write statements.

ouvj7tR.gif

OFFLINE   Drunk Nerds

Drunk Nerds
  • Admin
  • 3636 posts

User's Awards

Just tell them it's not a bong it's something from Friendship is Magic. Like a... pony.

But seriously, you don't need to demand an apology. Just explain how hurt you were, and that you see what he was trying to attempt but he did way more damage than intended. Teachers like it when you see their point of view.

NLSP5d8.gifZI94lAQ.gif

Guest_Jester J. ☭_*

Guest_Jester J. ☭_*
I'll confess to the same thing that I confessed to in the last Bar Room Confessions thread: I miss Qs and Os.

OFFLINE   jam jam!

jam jam!
  • Admin
  • 439 posts

User's Awards

she was sucking on/setting fire to another pony. yes.

i mean.. you're not supposed to have any drug paraphernalia in skewl, art included.. but as someone that used to draw in school ALL the time since like ever, i would be upset if that happened to me too. until i got it back.

but yeah, don't 'demand' an apology, that would be disrespectful. he didn't have to throw it away, true. but like drunk nerds said, tell him that it upset you more than he intended, even though you understand you're not supposed to have/be showing art like that in class. be mature and understanding about it and so will he.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   The Manjaro

The Manjaro
  • 307 posts

she was sucking on/setting fire to another pony. yes.

i mean.. you're not supposed to have any drug paraphernalia in skewl, art included.. but as someone that used to draw in school ALL the time since like ever, i would be upset if that happened to me too. until i got it back.

but yeah, don't 'demand' an apology, that would be disrespectful. he didn't have to throw it away, true. but like drunk nerds said, tell him that it upset you more than he intended, even though you understand you're not supposed to have/be showing art like that in class. be mature and understanding about it and so will he.

Just tell them it's not a bong it's something from Friendship is Magic. Like a... pony.

But seriously, you don't need to demand an apology. Just explain how hurt you were, and that you see what he was trying to attempt but he did way more damage than intended. Teachers like it when you see their point of view.

He never saw the drawing. He just heard us laughing. He threw it in the trash because it was a "distraction." Even though everyone in the room was done testing.

Regardless, I see your point and your advice has been heeded.

ouvj7tR.gif

OFFLINE   Pezz

Pezz
  • Admin
  • 322 posts
I should clarify that the reason I know I don't stand a chance with this girl is because she is in a long term relationship on it's way to marriage. He, a friend of mine, has said that he plans to ask her to marry him this winter, and I know she's going to say yes. It's not that I'm selling myself short, or that I think she's too good for me. I just fell for the wrong girl at the wrong time.

My problem is that I haven't found a girl who even compares to this one in my mind. It isn't about her being better than other girls. I try not to think that way, in terms of some girls being better than others, for me it's about compatibility. This girl in particular seems to be compatible with everything I've ever wanted in a girl, whether I knew it or not. She's not better than any of my other friend's girlfriends, just different. They work for them, and she works for me. I haven't found any girls, who are also single, that I feel I could be compatible with in the long run, and so I don't pursue a relationship with any of them. If there's a girl who is already taken I immediately strike any thoughts of pursuing a relationship with her out of my mind. I don't want to get in to deep emotionally like that again. If she becomes available again I might open up that book, but for the time being it's always better to just ignore any possibility. But believe me, I've got an open mind about the ones who are single, just haven't had the luck yet.

I also want to say that I am not jealous of this girl's boyfriend, that is to say that I don't harbor any ill feelings toward him. Like I said, he's a friend of mine, and I respect the hell out of him. It even brings me some comfort knowing that, if not with me, then I know that she will definitely be happy with him.

But I'm still lonely, haunted with thoughts that maybe I'll never meet a girl who makes me feel the same way as her. I'm not trying to find somebody who is the same as her, just one who inspires the same emotions.

@TheManjaro I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm with Nerds on this one, you should tell the teacher why that upset you so much and I think s/he will understand where you are coming from and apologize. I don't know how it is in Texas, but here in California during testing season teachers were forced to comply to the strictest standards even though they didn't want to. Your teacher over reacted, probably realized this, but doesn't know if s/he should bring it up again and apologize in person. Just remember we're all human

You can't tell anybody about what we do or else you'll get in trouble - Phantisma to some kid