Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community

Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to post in our community. Don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Apply to join BRH!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Zombies: What's your plan?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Spank Me

Spank Me

Queen of tha Clam

• Poop Brown/Green
  • 1300 posts

User's Awards

So, I love zombie movies.  I just got finished watching World War Z and I was wondering what's everybody's plan if a Zombie attack ever happened.

Personally, I have money on the fact that I will be patient 0.

But, if I'm not! I think we plan to head to galveston, get a boat, and head for an island somewhere.  That's hoping they don't swim.  Just been thinking about it...

What would you do?

OFFLINE   Pinky-chan

Pinky-chan

Double Admin

• Admin
  • 498 posts

Well, I think that it is very important to remember that zombies are decaying corpses regardless of their agility and the like. This means that they would presumably not fare well against wild animals and things like extreme cold that make it difficult for a decaying corpse to function.

That in mind, I'm capable of swimming for no less than a mile (never really tried going further), and I'm well adapted to cold climates. I'm not bothering fighting with the zombies, and would instead be heading north on my bike and across water if necessary. Given that I live in Washington, reaching prohibitively cold climates wouldn't be a terribly long adventure. Then I could just chill (get it?) until things blew over or whatever. Or I died of exposure; whatever comes first.

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

My grandpa lives in North Dakota and he's super survivalist and owns tons of guns and ammo, so I'd probably go there.

glitterfy5104426T908B81.gif

h4AwBgY.gif

"Can your anus make it 12 hours?" -Codemonkey

"Gay Underage Incest Homestuck Fanfic is the new Rock n' Roll" -Jimson

"Some people don't even have what they have" -Zasderder 2014

"Technically [Palestine] was Britain's to give away" -Pezz

"It's still stalking even if he's 12 years old and your son." -Codemonkey

OFFLINE   pink.taco

pink.taco
  • Admin
  • 3831 posts

User's Awards

I feel like J's farm in Arkansas would have everything I need to fight off the zombies. He grows his own food, has guns and ammo, and tons of acreage so I think if a bunch of us got together we could take them down. If that doesn't work, I'd love to go to a remote island and collect coconuts and lay out on the beach! However, I'm less concerned about zombies and more concerned about robots taking over ever since I saw this video: 

I mean if a robot has moves like that, there's no telling what could happen lol!

"Don't punch rich people, they got more money than you do." -Beersenior
"I have a pie chart to prove it." -Laios
"Tea clam jam that man!" -Beerman

"I've got hag lacks tonight." - Greeny

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

That was certainly eye-opening. I can only hope that a robot with so much soul will want to use his sweet groove for good.

glitterfy5104426T908B81.gif

h4AwBgY.gif

"Can your anus make it 12 hours?" -Codemonkey

"Gay Underage Incest Homestuck Fanfic is the new Rock n' Roll" -Jimson

"Some people don't even have what they have" -Zasderder 2014

"Technically [Palestine] was Britain's to give away" -Pezz

"It's still stalking even if he's 12 years old and your son." -Codemonkey

OFFLINE   Big Sexy

Big Sexy
  • Admin
  • 283 posts

User's Awards

Well, I think that it is very important to remember that zombies are decaying corpses regardless of their agility and the like. This means that they would presumably not fare well against wild animals and things like extreme cold that make it difficult for a decaying corpse to function.

That in mind, I'm capable of swimming for no less than a mile (never really tried going further), and I'm well adapted to cold climates. I'm not bothering fighting with the zombies, and would instead be heading north on my bike and across water if necessary. Given that I live in Washington, reaching prohibitively cold climates wouldn't be a terribly long adventure. Then I could just chill (get it?) until things blew over or whatever. Or I died of exposure; whatever comes first.

There is actually a good scenario in World War Z, the book, that goes over the downfalls of heading north to Canada, not to say it wouldn't be a wise choice. You should check it out though, if you haven't that is. It's one of the few stories that was in there that kinda stuck with me.

Thankfully I live in one of those places where everybody knows everybody and we'd (hopefully) pull together locally. I'd try and get in touch with my military brother that has actually prepped for this kinda stuff. He has told me that if shit hit the fan, he'd head up here with his arsenal. If for any reason that wasn't going to happen, I'd still hunker in where I am. I'm in a pretty good place, living in a little town surrounded by farm land.

Ol3TcY9.gif

OFFLINE   Momo-aniki

Momo-aniki
  • 1761 posts

User's Awards

Welp, I had a detailed plan at one point. It basically amounts to me, a motorcycle (Dual sport preferable), tons of jerky, protein bars and water purification tablets. I was going to drive up to some small town in Canada. Wasn't too deep into it, so it wouldn't be terrible but cold enough to limit travelers and zeds. 

Went out the window anyways when I got Lady Pres. Now it's GET TO DA CHOPPAH. It's probably more like heading out West. You could do pretty well in the mid part of the country assuming you can hunt. There is literally no one out there in parts for hundred of miles. 

The most important thing is to leave and leave as soon as you even suspect anything. Then don't take any main roads at all.

ENTP to a fault.

Formerly known as "El Presidente" 2010-2015

OFFLINE   Pinky-chan

Pinky-chan

Double Admin

• Admin
  • 498 posts

There is actually a good scenario in World War Z, the book, that goes over the downfalls of heading north to Canada, not to say it wouldn't be a wise choice. You should check it out though, if you haven't that is. It's one of the few stories that was in there that kinda stuck with me.

Thankfully I live in one of those places where everybody knows everybody and we'd (hopefully) pull together locally. I'd try and get in touch with my military brother that has actually prepped for this kinda stuff. He has told me that if shit hit the fan, he'd head up here with his arsenal. If for any reason that wasn't going to happen, I'd still hunker in where I am. I'm in a pretty good place, living in a little town surrounded by farm land.

Look, there's just certain things that the body can and cannot do. especially if it's decaying. I know that some zombie scenarios make their zombies into supermen, but whether they be necromantic or viral or whatever, they're still pretty mindless. If they make them faster than a man on a bike and able to ignore everything, we're fucked anyhow.

But yeah, living out in the middle of nowhere can't hurt anything.

OFFLINE   Big Sexy

Big Sexy
  • Admin
  • 283 posts

User's Awards

Look, there's just certain things that the body can and cannot do. especially if it's decaying. I know that some zombie scenarios make their zombies into supermen, but whether they be necromantic or viral or whatever, they're still pretty mindless. If they make them faster than a man on a bike and able to ignore everything, we're fucked anyhow.

But yeah, living out in the middle of nowhere can't hurt anything.

oh, well, actually I wasn't talking about the zombies being able to come after you up there. I kinda think that they made the zombies in the movie a little more aggressive than the book. Actually, the whole thing is different. They took surprisingly little from the book. I'm trying to not spoil anything in the book, but it was more about who all would have that same idea to go north. I'll go ahead and go into a little more detail of what story I'm talking about, with a spoiler tag, if you want me to.

Went out the window anyways when I got Lady Pres. Now it's GET TO DA CHOPPAH. It's probably more like heading out West. You could do pretty well in the mid part of the country assuming you can hunt. There is literally no one out there in parts for hundred of miles.

I like the idea of going out west. I think that would be a choice for me if I thought I had time to make it out that far.

Ol3TcY9.gif

OFFLINE   Pinky-chan

Pinky-chan

Double Admin

• Admin
  • 498 posts

oh, well, actually I wasn't talking about the zombies being able to come after you up there. I kinda think that they made the zombies in the movie a little more aggressive than the book. Actually, the whole thing is different. They took surprisingly little from the book. I'm trying to not spoil anything in the book, but it was more about who all would have that same idea to go north. I'll go ahead and go into a little more detail of what story I'm talking about, with a spoiler tag, if you want me to.

I like the idea of going out west. I think that would be a choice for me if I thought I had time to make it out that far.

Yeah, I don't give a shit about the book or movie spoilers; I honestly don't like zombie movies and stuff at this point. But yeah, it would be a slight problem if they were viral zombies or something. The cold thing does sitll stand, though. That and the bears and stuff.