Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community

Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to post in our community. Don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Apply to join BRH!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Zombies: What's your plan?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Ninjamoogle

Ninjamoogle
  • Admin
  • 357 posts
Not a fan of zombie plans, so simply to be devils advocate, what about long term? Ammunition becomes scarce no matter how high the stockpile, and food spoils to the point where scavenging for anything would be useless. Everyone and their grandmother has a short term, but what about actual survival? Also what kind of zombie, "rise from your grave" or primal instincts? Or whatever the hell resident evil was
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Scrippy

Scrippy
  • 1257 posts
Oh Lord Jesus. Zombified bears. I would just drop everything and apply my gun directly to the forehead.
Ghirahimsig_zps5ca48b5d.png

"I'M THE KING OF PUMPS, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!" --Cracked.com on Robert Taylor

"Get out of here, Spider! I was here first." --Walrus

"Runs like corn through a goose." --Sherman Oaks on his Honda CB350

~The Blunderbus-Slinging Omelette Golem of Asgard

OFFLINE   The Manjaro

The Manjaro
  • 307 posts

Not a fan of zombie plans, so simply to be devils advocate, what about long term? Ammunition becomes scarce no matter how high the stockpile, and food spoils to the point where scavenging for anything would be useless. Everyone and their grandmother has a short term, but what about actual survival? Also what kind of zombie, "rise from your grave" or primal instincts? Or whatever the hell resident evil was

My long term plan would be to eventually make it to Hawaii.

The Hawaiian islands are one of if not the most remote places on Earth. Starting on the smallest island, we would begin exterminating the zombies and make our way until all islands are zombie free. After that, we begin farming on the fertile volcanic soil and rebuild civilization taking in any new survivors we can, after proper quarantine and inspection of course.

Obviously getting to Hawaii in the first place will be next to impossible, but I would imagine someone could pull it off. Even if I personally don't make it, I want our species to make it.

ouvj7tR.gif

OFFLINE   Big Sexy

Big Sexy
  • Admin
  • 283 posts

User's Awards

Yeah, I don't give a shit about the book or movie spoilers; I honestly don't like zombie movies and stuff at this point. But yeah, it would be a slight problem if they were viral zombies or something. The cold thing does sitll stand, though. That and the bears and stuff.

*Spoiler* for the World War Z (The book)

Anyway, there is one story where a girl and her family go up north. It tells that her father noticed that things were happening early and was able to get well stocked with food, gas, and equipment to live up north. Well, in the book, many people had this same idea, so any water source would have a small community around it. Didn't matter much for the infection though. No Zombie could make the trip through the environment. It talked about how the people became a tight nit community and it went well for a couple months. Then they started to run out of food. People became less trusting of each other and started to become violent. Many died from the cold because few of us Americans realize what rough living is like, which was actually good, because that meant people at least had something to eat. In the story, the girls parents got sick and there was little she could do for them other than feed them stew with a "strange meat". She did survive though, so I'm not saying it's a bad idea. Guess I just find it hard to go up to cold, rough environments like that and live off the land when there isn't a zombie apocalypse, I wouldn't think of it when millions of others would be doing the same. You could say the same about my plan though. I'd be going to the mountains with my fishing rod because I know how to fish. Wouldn't help if too many other fishermen do the same.

I did like another story in there about these Chinese military guys getting their families together and getting them on the nuclear sub that they were stationed in. After they stole it, nobody had time to deal with them and they eventually pulled up to an island and powered the island with the sub. They started a community with other people that made it to the island and had a nice little deal going where they sold power to everyone else. If anything went wrong, they just planned to close the hatch and leave again.

I think the simple answer for me is I hope I know someone like this guy, and someone with a small plane:
http://en.wikipedia....chard_Proenneke

Ol3TcY9.gif

OFFLINE   Lingonius

Lingonius
  • 1307 posts

I'd probably just die immediately. Not gonna lie.

Instant Noodle Brain

OFFLINE   Momo-aniki

Momo-aniki
  • 1761 posts

User's Awards

The long term is a bit easier to a point. So long as you can hunt, you'll be able to survive. West Texas for instance has a huge hog problem, most of the NE US has a over population of Deer. If you're decent a fishing you can catch a good bit a day. Without baiting restrictions because lolnolaws, you'll be in the clear. Once the majority of humanity is gone, it's not too difficult to do these things. 

Of course, you can't hunt the same area every time, and you do have to keep to small groups (Otherwise you will over hunt). But you will out last any kind of realistic zombies provided you can eat. Also, the US treasury recently bought 450 million bullets. That is one agency. There will never be a problem providing ammo so long as you're using a major caliber and know where to search. Even if you don't, the most likely kind of zombies aren't going to be moving fast, and you shouldn't be shooting until things have already gone sideways.

Read as, if things are "Loud", you've already fucked up, and need to focus much more on running and less on shooting.

ENTP to a fault.

Formerly known as "El Presidente" 2010-2015

OFFLINE   Drunk Nerds

Drunk Nerds
  • Admin
  • 3636 posts

User's Awards

I don't get zombies. My zombie invasion survival kit is a ladder

--

NLSP5d8.gifZI94lAQ.gif

OFFLINE   SteakSoldier

SteakSoldier
  • 819 posts

User's Awards

In all honesty? Blow my brains out with a shotgun. I'd rather be dead then have to deal with social rebuilding and killing zombies just to survive in a hellhole

d93.gif

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

But here's the thing, what if being a zombie is actually just really fun, but they're so mentally 'gasmed out all the time, they have no way to tell us, so all they can do is desperately try and help us have fun too, and it's like "no let me just help you augh nom nom nom"

glitterfy5104426T908B81.gif

h4AwBgY.gif

"Can your anus make it 12 hours?" -Codemonkey

"Gay Underage Incest Homestuck Fanfic is the new Rock n' Roll" -Jimson

"Some people don't even have what they have" -Zasderder 2014

"Technically [Palestine] was Britain's to give away" -Pezz

"It's still stalking even if he's 12 years old and your son." -Codemonkey

OFFLINE   Scrippy

Scrippy
  • 1257 posts

But here's the thing, what if being a zombie is actually just really fun, but they're so mentally 'gasmed out all the time, they have no way to tell us, so all they can do is desperately try and help us have fun too, and it's like "no let me just help you augh nom nom nom"

Yeah, naw. Still gonna apply my gun directly to their foreheads.
Ghirahimsig_zps5ca48b5d.png

"I'M THE KING OF PUMPS, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!" --Cracked.com on Robert Taylor

"Get out of here, Spider! I was here first." --Walrus

"Runs like corn through a goose." --Sherman Oaks on his Honda CB350

~The Blunderbus-Slinging Omelette Golem of Asgard