Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community

Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to post in our community. Don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Apply to join BRH!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Game: Create an All-Time Starting Five with $15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Wendell X

Wendell X
  • 183 posts

Attached File  ballislife.jpg   22.3KB   7 downloads

I don't how many of you have seen this but sports are a big part of life. Especially my life. And my life is big part of your life. This is a cool little game floating around the internet courtesy of @ballislife; the essence is to create the starting 5 NBA basketball team using 15 USD while there 25 players, 5 in each position, with a value allocated from 1 to 5 USD.

If you can't read the image it goes like this.

YOU HAVE $15 TO MAKE AN NBA ALL-TIME STARTING LINEUP

• Point Guard
    Magic Johnson ($5)
    Oscar Robertson ($4)
    Isiah Thomas ($3)
    John Stockton ($2)
    Walt Frazier ($1)

• Shooting Guard
    Michael Jordan ($5)
    Kobe Bryant ($4)
    Jerry West ($3)
    Clyde Drexler ($2)
    Dwyane Wade ($1)

• Small Forward
    LeBron James ($5)
    Larry Bird ($4)
    Julius Erving ($3)
    Kevin Durant ($2)
    Scottie Pippen ($1)

• Power Forward
    Karl Malone ($5)
    Charles Barkley ($4)
    Tim Duncan ($3)
    Dirk Nowitzki ($2)
    Kevin Garnett ($1)

• Center
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar ($5)
    Bill Russell ($4)
    Wilt Chamberlain ($3)
    Shaq O'Neal ($2)
    Hakeem Olajuwon ($1)

With that being said my All-Time Starting Five would be

PG Oscar Robertson ($4)

SG Dwayne Wade ($1)

SF Julius Erving ($3) 

PF Charles Barkley ($4)

C Wilt Chamberlain ($3)

My team is revolved around getting to the rim with crisp passing from Wade, big rebounds from Big O, buckets from Dr. J, and the all around phenom that is Wilt Chamberlain. But the team would not be complete without is charismatic star CHARLES BARKLEY. Maybe the greatest personality of all time. Had to get a UMass alumus on my team.

https://twitter.com/...395421345292288

I mean if you wanna trade with me idk http://www.tf2items....561197994975067

OFFLINE   Commando

Commando

Clam General

• Admin
  • 3211 posts

User's Awards

Stockton

Drexler

Bird

Malone

Shaq

My team is about pounding the inside in the first half, with malone and shaq being beasts on the block.  Second half draw double team, penetrate and dish.  Play the inside-out game.  I have bird dropping 3's from the parking lot and Clyde the glide Drexler able to cut into the lane and score on the dish.

EDIT: FYI at $2 john stockton is a fucking bargain

Commando

Clam General

"Hey, Commando, let's go put our penises on stuff." - Tanner, Beachfest 2016

"Sacagawea sucked a lot of dick" -RAWR, Beachfest 2015

"The mods found the thread....quick, hide the fun!!" -Chimple

"I don't want a hippopotamus for Christmas. Those motherfuckers are dangerous." -Irish

"Ahh, women.....they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." -Nietzsche

http://soundcloud.co...ap-but-my-penis

OFFLINE   Lith

Lith

Papa BRH

• Founder
  • 5432 posts

User's Awards

John Stockton ($2)
Michael Jordan ($5)
LeBron James ($5)
Hakeem Olajuwon ($1)
Dirk Nowitzki ($2)

This team is mostly pure athleticism. They could spread the floor incredibly well and crowd the interior as needed. Hakeem could work the post along with Nowitziki and his one-legged fadeaway jumper. Hakeem would be the defensive anchor. Jordan and LeBron could drive to the rim at any point or dish it out to Stockton / Nowitziki. I would bet money that this team in its prime would beat any other combination from this list in their prime. 4 of the 5 players are two-way players. Nowitzki is the only one that doesn't have great defensive footwork. However his length helps with that problem.

PS: I am a Rockets fan and a homer at times. I am a basketball fan too though. At first I was pretty offended to see Hakeem as the $1 but considering that list of great centers, it almost makes it justifiable. I think he could be above Wilt and possibly Shaq. Wilt I think gets too much credit just because he was one of the original great players. I don't think he'd be nearly as dominate if he played even 20 years later then he did. As for Shaq, he may have more rings then Hakeem but Hakeem willed his teams to championships. Shaq had a lot more help. I appreciate the finesse over the power too.

Email - admin@team-brh.com
Steam - Lith / The Bar Room
Twitter - @TeamBRH
Facebook - The Bar Room Heroes

OFFLINE   Commando

Commando

Clam General

• Admin
  • 3211 posts

User's Awards

Damn, Lith.  Your team is a fucking powerhouse.  All 5 of those people can shoot 3's.  I'm not sure that I would want him to take many of them but even Hakeem hit 3's now and then. 

I was a huge Olijuwon fan when I was growing up.  I've never seen a 7-footer move that gracefully.  He is sort of the only center of his type.  I've never seen a big man play the finesse center that he was.  I think the only reason he's a $1 is the fact that he never had any real power down on the block.  He's a little easier to muscle around if you have a meaty defender.  But at $1 he's a bargain for sure.  Dirk shoots lights out, that's a no brainer. I love that guy.  And Lebron and Jordan getting assists from Stockton all day....fahgetaboutit.  I think your squad might be better than mine.

Commando

Clam General

"I don't want a hippopotamus for Christmas. Those motherfuckers are dangerous." -Irish

"Ahh, women.....they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." -Nietzsche

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

There's a basketball player named Wilt Chamberlain?

Is there one named Winston Churchilt too?

glitterfy5104426T908B81.gif

h4AwBgY.gif

"Can your anus make it 12 hours?" -Codemonkey

"Gay Underage Incest Homestuck Fanfic is the new Rock n' Roll" -Jimson

"Some people don't even have what they have" -Zasderder 2014

"Technically [Palestine] was Britain's to give away" -Pezz

"It's still stalking even if he's 12 years old and your son." -Codemonkey

OFFLINE   Drunk Nerds

Drunk Nerds
  • Admin
  • 3636 posts

User's Awards

I think stockton and chamberlain are the most undervalued, so I'll start there. Then gimme Jordy over all those assholes. Then gimme Pippen because he knows a triangle offense and there will be a lot of triaqngles on this team

Stockton ($2)

Chamberlain ($3)

Jordan ($5)

Pippen ($1)

Barkley ($4)

NLSP5d8.gifZI94lAQ.gif

OFFLINE   Drunk Nerds

Drunk Nerds
  • Admin
  • 3636 posts

User's Awards

John Stockton ($2)

Jerry West ($3)

Larry Bird ($4)

Dirk Novitzki ($2)

Bill Russell ($4)

= $15

My team is "guys who look like they could be your mailman"

NLSP5d8.gifZI94lAQ.gif

OFFLINE   Commando

Commando

Clam General

• Admin
  • 3211 posts

User's Awards

2 things I want to point out.....

1.  I think the $$ values for the power forwards are a little messed up.  a couple of you have Barkley, which I don't understand.  $4 is way too much to pay, because I consider Duncan and Garnett both to be better power forwards than Barkley ever was.  I mean Kevin Garnett for $1?  The guy is a beast.  The only reason I didnt choose him is because the Mailman is my all time fav.

2.  Your list of potential mailmen doesnt include the mailman.

Commando

Clam General

OFFLINE   Drunk Nerds

Drunk Nerds
  • Admin
  • 3636 posts

User's Awards

2 things I want to point out.....

1.  I think the $$ values for the power forwards are a little messed up.  a couple of you have Barkley, which I don't understand.  $4 is way too much to pay, because I consider Duncan and Garnett both to be better power forwards than Barkley ever was.  I mean Kevin Garnett for $1?  The guy is a beast.  The only reason I didnt choose him is because the Mailman is my all time fav.

The only reason why Duncan and Garnett look like beasts is because there aren't any Malones or Barkleys to knock them on their weak asses

NLSP5d8.gifZI94lAQ.gif

OFFLINE   Commando

Commando

Clam General

• Admin
  • 3211 posts

User's Awards

I think Duncan and Garnett can hold their own in the post, but I see where you're coming from.  There's something to be said for the meat he offers.  Barkley reminds me of the Tennessee Volunteers basketball squad of the past couple years.  They got a couple of those fat southern boys, and I mean that in the best way possible.  I mean like somebody with a belly and a big ol' booty that can bang down low and fight for those rebounds.  I don't think Barkley ever had the skill of Duncan or Garnett, but I can appreciate him clawing a place into the history books with his fat ass.  God bless him.  And also what Wendell said about personality.

Commando

Clam General