Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community

Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to post in our community. Don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Apply to join BRH!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Podcasts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Zunk Funk

Zunk Funk
  • 82 posts

Let's see. Besides the ones previously mentioned.

Daily Tech News show: Pretty obvious

Cordkillers: regarding the "cord cutting" movement. Being able to watch all tv content via the internet, no cable/dish. 

/Filmcast (slash filmcast): movie reviews and news

Giant Bombcast: been following most of these guys since Gamespot in the mid 00's. Game news and shooting the shit.

Cagcast: Same as above, but with more Jews

Radio Free Skaro: Doctor Who podcast

Kritzkast: TF2 podcast

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

http://rationallyspeakingpodcast.org/

glitterfy5104426T908B81.gif

h4AwBgY.gif

"Can your anus make it 12 hours?" -Codemonkey

"Gay Underage Incest Homestuck Fanfic is the new Rock n' Roll" -Jimson

"Some people don't even have what they have" -Zasderder 2014

"Technically [Palestine] was Britain's to give away" -Pezz

"It's still stalking even if he's 12 years old and your son." -Codemonkey

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

Oh, has nobody mentioned The F Plus yet?

CAMBtMiZ.png

The F Plus is "terrible things read with enthusiasm," a podcast all about weird places on the Internet and the hilarious shit people post there. This includes Alex Jones webstore reviews, forums for magic spells, male impregnation fetishists, self-hypnotism fetishists who purchase mp3s that they essentially fantasize into addictiveness, Yahoo Answers, and many more!

They actually began as just a bunch of people who hung out liked to read funny shit to each other from Portal of Evil on an alltalk TF2 server! Someone suggested they record such things in long form as a podcast, and so they met together on Skype for "a reading night without the TF2," and the podcast was born.

By the way, I know there was someone who wanted to host a BRH podcast in which different members could talk about an area of their expertise in a manner not too far from Drunk History. I don't know if I could host, but I'm going to look up how the editing is usually done and I'd love to be a guest. 

h4AwBgY.gif

OFFLINE   Paragon

Paragon
  • 388 posts

I'm a pretty big podcast junkie so I'll also post a couple of my faves!

The Flophouse

6b7afbb0-62de-012e-2871-00163e1b201c.jpg
One of the original bad movie podcasts, if not the original. The hosts are three NY based best friends who watch and rip on movies that are either commercial or critical flops. Near unstoppable and hilarious tangents every episode. Plus it's just fun to listen to host bounce off each other. One's a writer at the Daily Show, one the new head writer of the new MST3K, and the other owns a bar. They've got amazing chemistry.

My Brother, My Brother, and Me
d57114a0-1c5a-012e-0122-00163e1b201c.jpg

Three brothers dole out advice by either answering emails from listeners, or selecting any number of inane Yahoo Answers questions. These guys are hilarious and are just flat out goofballs with hearts of gold. Lin Manuel-Miranda of Hamilton fame also is a big fan apparently.

The Adventure Zone

23810b30-5e01-0132-d58e-5f4c86fd3263.jpg

The above mentioned brothers, plus their dad, playing D&D. Equal amounts of hilarity, but also following a pretty stellar fantasy narrative. This one's worth listening to from the very beginning. 

Harmontown

38d62b00-a930-012f-46a2-525400c11844.jpg

This one's a little harder to describe. Dan Harmon, (Creator of Community, Rick & Morty, other things) hosts a weekly show where he talks about... things. About life, current events, Hollywood culture, writing, racism, growing old, whatever. He goes in front of an audience and improvises (or justs never prepares) for his show. It's a lot of him working out stuff, which is fascinating because he's a legit genius. Plus he will occasionally break out in shitty freestyle rap, and randomly have regular guests like  Kumail Nanjiani, Steve Aegee, Curtis Armstrong. Also his co-host Bryan Davis (Whose Line is it Anyway) is just as hilarious and quick witted as Dan is neurotic and clever. It's not for everyone, but this podcast has some amazing moments.

Cool Games Inc.

12992ed0-a794-0133-2e11-6dc413d6d41d.jpg

Two guys from Polygon.com "start" their own game development company, and take suggestions from twitter to make silly games. They'll concoct silly and dumb game systems for games simply based on titles like "Tim McGraw's What if? Truck: Fates" or "DreamWorks Kissin' Party." Fun stuff.

Improv4humans
86e75480-ede1-012e-e0fc-525400c11844.jpg

Matt Besser and 4 other improv comics from the UCB theater get together to do some audio improv. real "theater of the mind" stuff.  As someone who does improv myself, I like to listed to this to get a taste of how the pros do it.

PLTZJRh.gif

OFFLINE   Deviant

Deviant
  • Admin
  • 884 posts

User's Awards

I listen to The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe, Hollywood Babble-On and Hello from the Magic Tavern, I listen to others randomly too but those are the three I listen to on a weekly basis

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

Uhh Yeah Dude: America through the eyes of two American Americans

600x600bb.jpg

I've been listening to this podcast's >500 episodes from latest to earliest since January, and it is pretty much my favorite. It's two funny fellas talking about weird news and life in Hollywood and it's great. They have a bunch of running bits they do, such as talking about USA Today snapshots, giving better advice than Dear Amy, discovering new "fast casual" restaurants to open, and Band/Weed/Mind's Eye (or Horse/Weed/Mind's Eye), where Seth gives the name of a strain of marijuana, a burner band (or race horse), and something he made up, and Jonathan has to guess which is which. 

They've been doing it since February 2006 and won't be stopping any time soon, so why not spend your next commute with these two

h4AwBgY.gif

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

My document was recorded for the latest F Plus!

https://thefpl.us/episode/231

h4AwBgY.gif