Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community

Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to post in our community. Don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Apply to join BRH!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fear the Walking Dead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   gigabit

gigabit
  • 909 posts

User's Awards

moar like...fear dying of boredom waitin on this show to get gud.

for cereal, this show's pace is killing me...i know, i know, it's prolly not fair given that the dead universe is already established and we all know WTF is going on before any of the characters do.  at least the nerdy, fat kid knows what's up and how to take care of business...sort of.

i'm still optimistic as we really haven't seen big city zombie apocalypse go down in the walking dead show....cept for maybe that scene where rick's horse gets eaten.

the thing that frustrates me the most is the parents inability to communicate to their god damn kids..."HEY, shit's gotten real so u fucks stay close!"  They keep everything they've seen hushed and then have to deal with stupid kids that don't know any better.

oh well...four more episodes to go and these writers do know how to end a season in a climatic fashion.

bitty must watch!

OFFLINE   Stooge

Stooge

BRH's Official Beautiful Independent Black Woman

• Admin
  • 993 posts

For the first 2 episodes of a new show, I love it.

Especially considering like you said, we already know what is happening in the bigger picture (I think that is why the majority of the people that I've heard say it is boring or moving too slowly feel that way).

But I think of it like this: If we didn't have any clue what The Walking Dead was all about, then this would have been intriguing as a mothafucka.

OFFLINE   Meanmuggin

Meanmuggin
  • Admin
  • 761 posts

User's Awards

I personally dig this new show so far. I think one of the great parts about it, for me at least, is that you DO already know a lot about it, and you're almost yelling at the TV for the people to catch up to your knowledge. Last night's episode I kept yelling "Hit him in the head" lol. It's also funny to me cause you are watching them make these bad decisions, and you just have to laugh at it, again because of what you already know as a view of the original series.

All that being said, I already feel more invested in these characters than I did most of the original crew from The Walking Dead. I'm interested to see how this keeps going.

"Bitches love hearts" - Eli Porter 12-25-14

"Also, J Reaux, I'm going to beat your lady ass so hard, afterwards the Dallas Cowboys will try to sign me." - Drunk Nerds

OFFLINE   Toothpick

Toothpick
  • Admin
  • 401 posts

User's Awards

I wouldn't say I'm more invested in the characters but I do feel the impatience of this thing not moving along. I do want to slap Madison though and have her say exactly what needs to be said but you can kinda tell she keeps this facade on in front of her kids and breaks down every time their backs are turned. I think we're seeing more of what some of these people will become once the shit really does hit the fan because you're already seeing flaws and weakness before anything really gets out of hand. 

tumblr_ngypsajdcB1sao59co1_400.gif

OFFLINE   Meanmuggin

Meanmuggin
  • Admin
  • 761 posts

User's Awards

I agree with you on Madison, Toothpick. Typical school counselor, not dealing with the real problem and trying to coddle every situation instead of just being forthright. I mean of course Alicia is gonna want to go back to her boyfriend's place, you won't tell her the real problem! 

I doubt we will have full outbreak during this first 6 episode run, we'll have some ill-fated military intervention first for sure. I'm just sad the cute MILF from across the street got taken out. 

Which of the main characters do you think will get taken down first? I wish it would be Madison, but its more than likely gonna be either Travis' ex, if not Travis himself. 

"Also, J Reaux, I'm going to beat your lady ass so hard, afterwards the Dallas Cowboys will try to sign me." - Drunk Nerds

OFFLINE   Toothpick

Toothpick
  • Admin
  • 401 posts

User's Awards

I'm trying to figure out who the "Rick" is, if there is such a thing. Who's story is this or are they doing away with that in this series?

OFFLINE   All Tangled Up

All Tangled Up
  • Admin
  • 1201 posts

User's Awards

*spoilers*

I've seen up until the season finale where Rick and all his friends get trapped in the train car by some nutjobs. I'm waiting for anymore of it to go on Netflix because commercials fucking kill any show for me, even if I can skip them with DVR.

Posted ImagePosted Image

OFFLINE   Meanmuggin

Meanmuggin
  • Admin
  • 761 posts

User's Awards

The creators of this series have said they think of it more as a family drama, so I guess all of them are considered the "Rick" in that aspect, they whole family is the focus of the series. The one who I think will end up being the one who leads them and keeps them alive I think will either be Travis or Nick (once he is sobered up). Madison can't seem to handle shit very well, and Alicia is a little too rebellious, although obviously wicked smart so she might turn it around.

I just keep thinking back to how Glenn said he was a pizza delivery guy before shit hit the fan in The Walking Dead, so its less what you do and more how smart and resourceful you are and having good survival instincts. This is also why I like this show so far, you get to see who will develop into a good survivor and who is gonna go down in flames. 

OFFLINE   gigabit

gigabit
  • 909 posts

User's Awards

i dunno u guise...i've gotten a strong vibe that Madison is the central focus of this here show....she's got the matriarch thing going.

you all make good points about how the characters will change over time and part of the deal is to grow them up' as part of the zombie storyline. 

as long as i don't start rootin for the walkers cuz these people turn out to be too stupid to live....i'll keep watchin.

bittles

OFFLINE   Toothpick

Toothpick
  • Admin
  • 401 posts

User's Awards

Yeah we don't need anymore Andrea's. I wanted that bitch to die for like a full season.