Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community

Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to post in our community. Don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Apply to join BRH!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [Probably spoilers]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   All Tangled Up

All Tangled Up
  • Admin
  • 1201 posts

User's Awards

Hey guys. A few days ago I saw The Force Awakens in theaters...and ho-lee fuck. This is THE best Star Wars movie ever made. It is incredibly action packed, clever, and with fantastic pacing, beautiful, brilliant settings, brilliant story. The way they show the force in this movie is fantastic. In the theater, there was crazy bass every time someone was getting force-fucked, and it helped to demonstrate that there were actually invisible waves of energy which they use to manipulate their environment, because the bass was so strong that I could feel it. I went back and watched the first Star Wars movie, and actually turned it off about half way through because the experience I was getting could never live up to the new movie, and it just really bored me.

Of course I had one or two niggles with the movie, but overall, what a fucking ride. What a glorious fucking ride. WHO ELSE HAS SEEN THIS SHIT? AND WHY IS IT THE BEST STAR WARS? AND HAN SOLO? FUCK. There is a three-word spoiler that can destroy this movie for people, and I am supremely surprised that I didn't see it before seeing the movie. 

Is Lord Snoke really Darth Plagueis? WHAT THE FUCK HAS LUKE SKYWALKER BEEN UP TO? What will we find in the original Jedi temple? Will we see a reappearance of Yoda? How badass is Rey? How fucking amazing was the introduction to Finn? A storm trooper with fucking post-traumatic stress disorder? My friend and I shit ourselves watching this movie under the influence of LSD. When we got home we went on Reddit to read about it, and we found one thread with like 5500 upvotes, and we could not fucking figure it out. It was something to do with Chewy's gun, Han, how powerful it is, and how it fucked over Kylo so bad. We seriously sat there for 20 minutes trying to figure this Reddit thread out, and then it finally clicked that they were just going over some stupid shit that was totally obvious to us in our tripping minds. 

For the first time in the series Han Solo uses Chewy's crossbow blaster, and he realizes it's really fucking powerful, and makes a few jokes about it in the movie. Later when Kylo Ren shoves his saber through Solo's chest, Chewy fucking blasts Ren with his cannon-of-a-blaster. That's what allows Finn and Rey, inexperienced in the way of the force, to fuck his shit up.

When Rey and Finn first start flying the Millennium Falcon? What a badass fucking scene that was. You could totally see that the Force was helping Rey even though she'd never flown anything that big.

When Rey first uses her force powers to influence a storm trooper? What a great fucking scene that was. When Rey and Kylo are battling it out and Kylo realizes how powerful her Force powers are without any training? Jesus, I shit myself. Anyway I'm just rambling a bit thinking about how fucking awesome that experience was. What a fantastic film, probably the best film I've seen...that I can think of right now.

Also someone edit my thread. I accidentally put The Force Unleashed as the title after that crappy video game from years ago. I'm hammered.

Posted ImagePosted Image

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

Oh, I guess I have a reason to go see it in the theater now my flight got delayed to tomorrow night instead of 6:30 this morning because Dallas has tornadoes so maybe I'll do that.

glitterfy5104426T908B81.gif

h4AwBgY.gif

"Can your anus make it 12 hours?" -Codemonkey

"Gay Underage Incest Homestuck Fanfic is the new Rock n' Roll" -Jimson

"Some people don't even have what they have" -Zasderder 2014

"Technically [Palestine] was Britain's to give away" -Pezz

"It's still stalking even if he's 12 years old and your son." -Codemonkey

OFFLINE   Gopher

Gopher
  • 135 posts
Unfortunately, I have to disagree with all of that and say it was actually the worst Star Wars movie of the seven. I might go into it later.

Au revoir, gopher!

-ßЯҢ- Timotei [DG]: All work and no play makes Frenchie a stale baguette.

interesting_life.png

OFFLINE   Gopher

Gopher
  • 135 posts

You can disagree if you wish, but I hope you at least understand why I say what I do. Yes, this containers SPOILERS, so you been warned.

Again, spoilers, so stop reading if you don't want it spoiled because I'm not using the stupid spoiler thing.

Okay, so, we have a movie that opens with the bad guys raiding a place while a good guy hides some important information in a robot. That robot then goes on a journey on a desert planet only to be picked up by a young orphan who turns out to be skilled in the force. Young person then hops a ride on the Millennium Falcon, causes some trouble, learns a bit about the force, and  encounters a bad guy with a mask who talks a bit funny. In the end, there is a giant sphere that is able to blow up planets and must be destroyed by x-wings.

Oh, and there is a cocky pilot, a father-son issue, friend-zoned sexual tension, a quest to find the last remaining Jedi, etc., etc., etc.

So, which am I talking about, the new movie or the original trilogy? Both. Fucking both. Because JJ Abrams and his team couldn't write an original god damn story if their lives depended on it. And don't tell me that it is a trilogy and it is okay that the first movie is a complete rip-off of the original three because the viewers would be lost without it. We all know the story of the original trilogy by heart, we don't need a fanfic remake of a classic. This was supposed to be a continuation of the story, not a remake. There was plenty of material already in existence with the books that Abrams just flat-out ignored. Nothing was original. Nothing.

Okay, so if that isn't bad enough, let's actually look at the non-story parts of the movie. 

The battle scenes left a lot to be desired. They were action-packed and kind of cool, sure, but you also had Sith Lord getting his ass kicked by two people who have zero training with either the Force or a lightsaber. Don't give me any shit about Chewie's bowcaster; it wasn't explained in the movie at all so there is no validity of what may or may not be said in the next movie about the wound on Kylo Ren slowing him down. Poor choreography is to blame, not some half-assed attempt to justify his loss. The scenes with the small spacecraft were childish at best, not even going to go into them. The gun battles were interesting at least.

The pacing was downright terrible. There were times when the characters barely finished having a conversation and the scene changes to something completely different without allowing the viewer a moment to absorb what was said. Not that there was a whole lot of interesting conversation or character/story development in the first place. Why should we care about Rey or Finn or anyone? Because Rey has to scavenge to earn her food and she doesn't always eat a full meal?

The characters were overall less than memorable.

Rey: I actually liked Rey a lot and felt she stole almost every scene she was in, even those with Han. I say almost because the Jedi mind-tricks (which you can apparently master on your second attempt in this movie) scene was completely dominated by the fact that Daniel Craig was the stormtrooper and my favorite part of the movie. However, the writers need to just get it out of the way and say she is Luke's daughter.

Finn: His best parts were honestly in the first few minutes where he was having trouble accepting his role as a Stormtrooper. Once he meets Rey, it is all over for this character; he becomes an annoyance who is only used for bad jokes. 

The snarky pilot was nothing at all compared to Han. Relatively boring character and the acting felt forced after the opening scene for him. Don't even fully remember his name. 

BB-8: Okay, he was kind of cute and a good edition to the robots of Star Wars. Maybe a bit too futuristic compared to the clunky robots from the original trilogy which took place only thirty years before this one, but overall I liked the little guy. 

Han (and Leia): Yeah, he had some great moments, but he was used purely for nostalgia. The scenes with Han and Leia were just painfully awkward. Leia by herself was just painfully awkward. I couldn't even feel bad when they killed off Han. It was shit writing and if he really didn't want to be in another Star Wars movie, they could have done something else with him than kill him off if they had even the slightest storytelling talent.

Kylo Ren: This guy is worse than whiney little Anakin from Episodes II and III. Every time something goes slightly wrong, he throws a huge hissy-fit and destroys some computer systems. He is not a cool, calm, collected Sith like Vader was; instead, he is a laughable tool, combining the childishness of Anakin with a desire to be just like grand-daddy Vader by wearing a mask (which also does not inspire fear) that changes his voice. Oh, and he doesn't need said mask. Even Darth Maul and the Sith from the prequels were serious bad guys.

Supreme Leader Snoke: Simply put, what the fuck was that all about? No background information and he just looked terrible. 

The shiny metal stormtrooper woman: Absolutely pointless character. Kylo Ren could have just spoken to a random stormtrooper every time she was on the screen.

So, to wrap it up because I am tired of writing this rambling post: bland characters, not that great of acting all-around and no original story whatsoever. As bad as the prequels were for their acting and ill-timed special effects and Jar Jar, they at least contained an original and relatively interesting story. Sure, there were some parts of the prequels that just dragged on or were eye-roll moments, but it was an original story that did not rely on previous material. Probably some gripe I forgot, but I think you get the point.

Oh, and one last thing: that Nazi scene was just stupid.

Au revoir, gopher!

interesting_life.png

OFFLINE   All Tangled Up

All Tangled Up
  • Admin
  • 1201 posts

User's Awards

Kylo Ren isn't a sith lord...and it was pretty obvious that he was hurting from the blaster shot, didn't you see him punching his side and grunting in pain? Also he is SUPPOSED to be a whiny bitch, that's the point. He's terribly insecure that he will never be as strong as Darth Vader. When he was destroying shit like a little child? Darth Vader wouldn't have done that, he would've force-choked the fucker who brought him bad news. Kylo Ren still has a bit of light in him, and he hates himself so much for it that he killed his own father.

Acid is definitely the way to go with this movie. I've heard so many people say that it was hasty. I didn't feel that way at all because of the time dilation that acid gives you, I easily absorbed everything and so did my friend. Acid makes you more sensitive to information and emotions - my friend and I felt the terror that Finn was going through on the battlefield, and the shame when he saw his brothers slaughtering innocent people. I will agree with you about the Han and Leia scenes, they were the only scenes in the movie that I felt were awkward and forced. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

OFFLINE   Gopher

Gopher
  • 135 posts

Okay, training to be a Sith Lord or whatever Abrams wants to call it. He is still a big ol' puss of a bad guy and we have seen others from previous movies fighting relatively fine after equal wounds. He is just a bitch. And he destroyed multiple computer systems throughout the movie, most notable after Rey escapes. The storm troopers walk around the corner and hear him throwing a fit and awkwardly back up and go the opposite way because hahah, that was supposed to be funny. If you are ten.

Why are we watching movies with whiney little bastards? How is that a point? Darth Vader had conflicts with the light and the dark in Return of the Jedi and it was handled in much better ways. There is no way this kid would be able to be a major leader in any movement. Also, why does the Republic once again feel like a bunch of rebels thirty years after the Empire was effectively eliminated? No information is given.

Au revoir, gopher!

interesting_life.png

OFFLINE   hardrock527

hardrock527
  • Admin
  • 2595 posts

User's Awards

The bowcaster is supposed to have some serious kick to it like a shotgun, and anyone who's not a wookie should have trouble handling one... yet han just waves it around no prob- ok...stupid Abrams, nerf nao

NEVER ASK A MAN IF HE'S FROM TEXAS. IF HE IS, HE'LL TELL YOU ON HIS OWN.
IF HE AIN'T, NO NEED TO EMBARRASS HIM

Texas_grande.jpg

OFFLINE   Giggle Shmack

Giggle Shmack
  • Admin
  • 2121 posts

User's Awards

Also, why does the Republic once again feel like a bunch of rebels thirty years after the Empire was effectively eliminated? No information is given.

This was my biggest problem with the movie. I felt like it diminished the events of Return of the Jedi. The Empire is destroyed and then replaced by an even more powerful and brutal entity in the First Order? Lame.

I expected JJ to have more respect for the original story.

Overall, I enjoyed it very much but the First Order versus the Resistance felt too much like the Empire versus the Rebellion. It bothered me.

giggleshmackadminsig2.png?t=1279420610

OFFLINE   hardrock527

hardrock527
  • Admin
  • 2595 posts

User's Awards

This was my biggest problem with the movie. I felt like it diminished the events of Return of the Jedi. The Empire is destroyed and then replaced by an even more powerful and brutal entity in the First Order? Lame.

I expected JJ to have more respect for the original story.

Overall, I enjoyed it very much but the First Order versus the Resistance felt too much like the Empire versus the Rebellion. It bothered me.

You do realize that it was 30 years after return of the jedi.... and they basically just copied what happened between world war I & world war 2 (that was 20 years) for inspiration.   Everyone just kinda fucked off and didn't care about what the new order was doing so long as they didn't attack anyone in the new republic.    Then boom, blitzkreig and france the Hosnian system is gone.

NEVER ASK A MAN IF HE'S FROM TEXAS. IF HE IS, HE'LL TELL YOU ON HIS OWN.
IF HE AIN'T, NO NEED TO EMBARRASS HIM

Texas_grande.jpg

OFFLINE   Giggle Shmack

Giggle Shmack
  • Admin
  • 2121 posts

User's Awards

I mean, I know it's possible, but I would have appreciated something help fill in those gaps.

I took my dad to see it this morning, and that bowcaster theory holds. They make it a point throughout the movie at how powerful it is, and they show Kylo bleeding before his fight with Fin

giggleshmackadminsig2.png?t=1279420610