Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community

Welcome to Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to post in our community. Don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Team-BRH.com :: A Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Apply to join BRH!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Black Mirror

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   All Tangled Up

All Tangled Up
  • Admin
  • 1201 posts

User's Awards

You sold me. It's a good episode. While reading your post, things started to click in my mind. I remember the Belinda Carlyle song, and the other clues. I didn't really pick up on any of those clues because I was so disinterested in the plot of that episode, and the fact that I was so disinterested that I paused the episode to join TF2 or Overwatch or something. But that is indeed very cool. While reading your post gears in my mind clicked into place and it makes that episode very cool. I didn't even piece together that the white girl was quadriplegic from the start, I just thought she was sick later in life. It makes sense that she was a boring bitch because she was experiencing this shit for the first time. I was so disinterested on my first viewing that a lot of stuff probably flew right over my head.

Like I said though, in my stoned mind I am locked into the moment and enjoying the ride. I was definitely slightly wondering how this episode tied into future tech, but the white girl turned me off so much at the time that I just did not give a single shit. But you've shown me the way that episode was meant to be appreciated, and I can absolutely appreciate it now.

I want to watch all of Black Mirror while on acid. That would be fucking fantastic, as no theme or plot would ever go over my head. Acid is nice in that way, in that you notice absolutely everything about a plot, theme, setting, what have you. Acid is like a dollop of oil has been added to your brain when watching shows, you notice and understand everything. Every single little thing. Every single facial expression, every single moment, every single little thing that seems unimportant, you notice, and you see how it is important. Next time I take acid I should devote my 14 hour trip to watching Black Mirror.

Posted ImagePosted Image

OFFLINE   Drunk Nerds

Drunk Nerds
  • Admin
  • 3636 posts

User's Awards

Just caught another San Junipero clue... she's playing bubble bobble and the guy walks up and says "it's got different endings, based on if you're in one or two player," not unlike how the black chick's life was going to end in death before she met the nerdy white girl and chose the cyber heaven ending.

Edited by Drunk Nerds, 13 November 2016 - 10:49 PM.

NLSP5d8.gifZI94lAQ.gif

OFFLINE   Drunk Nerds

Drunk Nerds
  • Admin
  • 3636 posts

User's Awards

God there are tons of clues, the dance floor plays "youre a fake, baby, " and the white girl dances but never moves her arms nor legs...

Edited by Drunk Nerds, 13 November 2016 - 10:59 PM.

NLSP5d8.gifZI94lAQ.gif

OFFLINE   Drunk Nerds

Drunk Nerds
  • Admin
  • 3636 posts

User's Awards

I think you're better than most at seeing shit coming

Very true. You could even say it's part of my job

NLSP5d8.gifZI94lAQ.gif

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

Yeah basically, San Junipero seems like it's a lot more relatable if you actually grew up in the 80s. The fact that I can't into the role played tribulations of an interracial lesbian couple in the fake past did not ultimately keep me from enjoying the broader themes, though.

glitterfy5104426T908B81.gif

h4AwBgY.gif

"Can your anus make it 12 hours?" -Codemonkey

"Gay Underage Incest Homestuck Fanfic is the new Rock n' Roll" -Jimson

"Some people don't even have what they have" -Zasderder 2014

"Technically [Palestine] was Britain's to give away" -Pezz

"It's still stalking even if he's 12 years old and your son." -Codemonkey

OFFLINE   true engies

true engies
  • Community Leaders
  • 3131 posts

User's Awards

I watched the first eppy today.  Do they all leaving you feel really fkin sad and depressed?  <3  I want to have fun watching tv.

OFFLINE   Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete
  • Admin
  • 1847 posts

User's Awards

Erm, you should watch the episode called San Junipero in season 3 if you want a nice conclusion. I think you'll appreciate it better than I can.

But basically the rest of them are creepo and unsettling in some way

glitterfy5104426T908B81.gif

h4AwBgY.gif

"Can your anus make it 12 hours?" -Codemonkey

"Gay Underage Incest Homestuck Fanfic is the new Rock n' Roll" -Jimson

"Some people don't even have what they have" -Zasderder 2014

"Technically [Palestine] was Britain's to give away" -Pezz

"It's still stalking even if he's 12 years old and your son." -Codemonkey